Saturday, October 17, 2009

Got a new rear bumper

Well, after our little accident at Mt. Aso "which you can read about below" Mazda replaced my rear bumper and I got the car back a few days ago! This is the third time I have had the bumper replaced because some moron rear ended me!
Now my car is pretty much like new! Back in May I had my very bad accident where a car literally pushed me off the road and I crashed into a telephone pole. The front end was totally destroyed but Mazda fixed it all up for me and even installed my DAMD front bumper and grille.
So the front bumper, front head lights, hood, windshield, dash, steering wheel, glove box, seat belts and now the rear bumper and tail lights are all brand new! WOO HOO!


Photobucket
So Friday morning I woke up, poured some coffee and walked out onto my balcony. Over the mountains was a rainbow which looked pretty cool. The sun was trying to come out and I knew it would be a great day.

At 10:00am we drove the Demio "Mazda 2" rental car to our dealer. My wife also has a 2009 Demio, it's a good little car.
We picked up my Roadster, of course the new back bumper looked great!

So the first thing I did once I drove it back home was slap the DAMD emblem on the black trim in the center of the bumper.
Photobucket
Photobucket


I also stuck a Shell Helix sticker over a scratch on my dash. "Not sure how that got there" And a Shell V-Power sticker on the plastic piece near the windshield on the drivers side.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was even more excited because my wife sewed me some brand new floor mats with our new rubber backing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I liked my old mats she made, but these looked better and are stronger.



The car was all washed and waxed, looked very shiny so I snapped some good pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After I was done taking some nice pictures, I had to drive to work. I must drive to Omuta city, which takes about an hour and thirty minutes from where I live.
Once I get near Omuta there is a nice toll road I take that has a cool bridge. I filmed myself driving over it because it looks cool. The scenery in that area is also kinda nice.


That night when I got home I installed some more LED's inside my car. Then my wife and I thought it might be fun to cruise around in Knight Rider mode!
"Blaze, we need turbo boost!"



So now with all my LED's installed this is what the car looks like at night.

I know this is over the top, but I usually only use these LED's at car shows around my area. Some people have neon kits or LED's under their cars as well, but only in one solid color, "blue or green" Mine can change to over 3 million colors and patterns so it really stands out. Sometimes during the night I drive with the white LED's on so I can be noticed better by other cars. And at times just to show off I use Knight Rider mode which is all red with the scanner going.