Monday, August 3, 2009

DAMD bumper and LED's reinstalled

My car had to go back to Mazda last month to repaint the front DAMD bumper. They screwed up a section and the paint was coming off. Luckily, they were nice and repainted it for me and installed it once again. This time they even installed some brackets connected to the frame to hold the bumper better. Sadly, the DAMD bumper is only held in place with screws. The original bumper is held with screws and bolted to the frame. There is NO problem with this, but they made it stronger for me just in case. While it was in the shop I removed my LED light tubes and cleaned them up. This morning I reinstalled them and put a 6" LED tube on each side under the dash. I stuck the digital controller on with 3m tape and hid all the wires. The remote sticks on the side near my seat with velcro.
In the near future I will be installing more LED's in the wheel area and front bumper. Also have a Knight Rider like scanner to install in the grille.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here it is on with blue
Photobucket
Red
Photobucket
Green
Photobucket
The inside lights change color with the outside lights.
Photobucket
Looks great far away!


Some video of my DAMD bumper. If you don't have a DAMD front bumper "and chances are you don't" GET ONE! This bumper looks great and turns so many heads.


By the way, I don't have any fog lights yet installed on the bumper. So for now it's just 2 small holes. I plan to install some LED's in there and then put mesh over them.